Adding to the IDP is easy:
The next page you see should contain approximately 50 English words, one per
line, with translations listed (or not) underneath each English word. To
add a translation for an English word, type the translation in the box to
the right of the English word. You may add translations for as many of the
50 words on the page as you wish. To submit your translations on that page
to the database, click on the "Submit Translations" button at the bottom of
the page. Your translations will be immediately added to the wordlist
- From the form at the bottom of the previous page,
select a language for which you would like to provide translations.
- Select a letter of the alphabet where you would like to start viewing
the English wordlist. Each page of English words will contain 50 words,
plus translations (if any; also, see below).
- Select whether or not you want to view:
The first item will only display English words which have not been translated.
The second item will display all the words in the English wordlist.
- Only words which have not yet been translated
- All words, even words with translations
- Click on the "Start IDP" button at the bottom of the page.
At the bottom of each page of words are three options:
Use these options to navigate around the English wordlist.
- Next 50 words - this will display the next 50 words in the
wordlist (alphabetical order).
- Start at a new position - this will allow you to enter a word
to start the list at. Useful for searching for a particular word whose
translation you know, instead of scolling through many pages to find it.
- Return to the IDP Homepage - this returns you to the IDP Homepage,
where you may select a new language, or start the list at a new letter or word.